We have highly personal and sensitive information on our computers – passwords, credit card numbers, bank statements, photos – and who knows what type of people can get a hold of it!
When I want to get rid of a computer I would like to feel sure that my private data, photographs, passowrds, etc.. have been truly erased not to be found again, right?
Did you that:
- 74% of discarded PC hard drives contain private data that can be easily read and recovered… even if the drive has been reformatted
- Did you know that deleting files doesn’t work
- Even after deleting data or formatting a drive, it takes basic knowledge of a PC to find private data
With iolo DriveScrubber you can:
- Permanently erase files, pictures, documents, credit card info, bank statements, passwords and more
- Securely wipe all drive data before selling, donating or recycling your PC
- Restore your drives to like-new after virus or spyware damage
- Wipes PC drives, flash drives, cameras and more
I have 2 computers that have been sitting in my attic for over 3 years because I was too afraid to give or throw them away or recycle them. iolo DriveScrubber 8 solves that problem easily and you don’t have to be a genius to use it! iolo DriveScrubber 8 has tons of features and tools that will give you the reassurance that you can erase all of that private data and get rid of that old computer once and for all!
Where to buy: iolo
How much is it? around $20
We are giving 5 lucky readers iolo DriveScrubber 8. Just leave a comment to this post telling us why you want to win a copy (do you have 3 PC’s that you want to get rid of, etc..) and Tweet your friends about this giveaway to earn an extra entry! Be sure to leave your twitter name in the comments below so we can check for your tweet. Contest entries accepted until October 11:59pm October 18th.