In the mobile world, few devices can match the iPhone in terms of photographic capabilities. The default lens is undoubtedly one of the best on the market. The iPhone’s stock camera app is likewise extremely competent. However, one can get even more out of their handset with some third-party apps and a little additional hardware. Below you’ll find a few handy iTunes apps, lenses, accessories and tips to help you take the best pictures possible.
iPhone Photography Apps
- One of the most popular programs is Instagram, an app that tweaks the raw data of your photos so that they appear to have come from an analog camera.
- Another iPhone photography app similar to Instagram is Hipstamatic, which allows users to apply a filter to their photos and achieve different effects in post-production.
- Finally, there’s Camera+, an iOS app that’s geared towards producing high-definition shots without any additional equipment.
Lenses & Equipment
In addition to mobile apps, the functionality of the iPhone’s stock camera can be extended through the use of add-on filters and optics.
- Camera accessory maker Photojojo has a number of additional lens models including Macro, Fisheye, Telephoto and Wide Angle that are specifically designed to work with Apple phones.
- In addition, a stabilizing tripod is always a good idea. Joby makes a versatile line of adjustable camera tripods and stands called GorillaMobile that help users to stabilize shots in real world scenarios.
Tips and Tricks
- For starters, use the digital zoom as little as possible. You’ll lose a lot of clarity and focus in your shots if you rely on it too heavily.
- In addition, make sure that your preferred camera app is using the highest resolution settings possible. If you want to take solid pictures, you’ll have to contend with reduced battery life.
- Finally, don’t ditch snapshots just because they’re not amazing right off the bat. A little bit of post-processing in Photoshop can go a long way.
Share your favorite iPhone photography apps, lenses, and accessories in the comments please.